Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flower Day

I'm doing this in honor of my friend.  I'll tell you more about her later...but for now, Today is flower day.

Today's flower is... Alliums
 Patience, Unity, Humility

Patience: in waiting for resolve
Humility: in the weakness I feel today
Unity: in knowing it exists

Nature, time and patience are the three great physicians.
~Chinese Proverb

"Humility, that low, sweet root, From which all heavenly virtues shoot."
~Thomas Moore

Their meetings made December June. Their every parting was to die.
~Lord Alfred Tennyson

8 comments:

Coffeypot said...

A great way to honor a friend.

ain't for city gals said...

Going to keep these three words in my thoughts today...

Wrexie said...

CP: She was the bestest...

AFCG:
...each flower has a "meaning". Those words seemed to speak to me.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my site.
I enjoyed reading this very much!
Yes, each flower has a meaning, and flowers mean a lot to me, in their own ways!

KrippledWarrior said...

pretty flowers they are.

Wrexie said...

Alice: You're welcome. I enjoy your poetry selections.
And thank you for stopping by and smelling the flowers. :) They're all so unique, aren't they?

Warrior: thank you...

Anonymous said...

I wish we had more of these in AZ!!!

I am looking forward to hearing about your friend

Wrexie said...

Meee tooo!! I LOVE flowers!

...thanks, that's sweet.
I'm having a hard time talking about her, so I thought I'd start with flowers.